Last Updated: March 01, 2022
(i) When you make use of, or interact with, our websites https://rightbound.com or https://rightbound.io (“Website”);
(ii) When you contact us thought the Website with an inquiry
(iii) When we receive or collect data regarding our users, to enable them to use our proprietary software platform (the “Platform”).
(iv) When you attend a marketing event and provide us with your personal data
(v) When we acquire your personal data from third-party sources (such as lead-generation companies) and when you interact with us on our social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
(vi) When we use the personal data of our customers, resellers and vendors for managing the business relationship (e.g. contact details)
Table of contents:
- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and retain your personal data
- How we share your personal data
- Additional information regarding transfers of personal data
- Access & accuracy
- Use by children
- Interaction with third party products
- Log files
- Analytic tools
- Specific provisions applicable under California privacy law
- How to contact us
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
|Specific personal data we collect||Why is the personal data collected and for what purposes?||Third parties with whom we share your personal data||Retention period||Consequences of not providing the personal data|
|When you make use of, or interact with, our Website|
|Cookies, analytic tools and log files.
For more information, please read our cookies policy – https://rightbound.com/cookie-policy
||For more information, please read our cookies policy https://rightbound.com/cookie-policy||Certain Website features may not be available
Read more about the purposes of each cookie here https://rightbound.com/cookie-policy
|When you contact us through the Website with an inquiry|
||Until you unsubscribe or we proactively delete the data (usually around 24 months).||
|When we receive or collect data regarding our users, to enable them to use our proprietary software platform (the “Platform”).|
||During the contract term or for as long as we have a legal basis to retain the data.||
|When you attend a marketing event and provide us with your personal data|
||During the contract term or for as long as we have a legal basis to retain the data.||
|When we acquire your personal data from third-party sources, including when you interact with us on our social media profiles|
|When we use the personal data of our customers and business partners such as resellers and vendors to manage the business relationship|
|For all types of business relationships:
For customers only:
||7 years following termination of the agreement for tax purposes.||
Finally, please note that some of the abovementioned personal data will be used for fraud detection and prevention, and for security purposes. The abovementioned personal data may also be used to comply with applicable laws, with investigations performed by the relevant authorities, law enforcement purposes, and/or to exercise or defend legal claims. In certain cases, we may or will anonymize your personal data. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our services. We may use Anonymous Information and/or disclose it to third parties without restrictions (for example, in order to improve our services and enhance your experience with them).
2. HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
2.1. Security. We have implemented appropriate technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your personal data. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
3. 2. HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the recipients described above, we may share your personal data as follows:
3.1. To the extent necessary, with regulators, courts or competent authorities, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order;
3.2. If, in the future, we sell or transfer, or we consider selling or transferring, some or all of our business, shares or assets to a third party, we will disclose your personal data to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events;
3.3. In the event that we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your personal data in connection with the foregoing events; and/or
3.4. Where you have provided your consent to us sharing or transferring your personal data (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality).
4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Storage: We store data using Amazon Web Services (AWS) – North Virginia – US – subject to the Privacy Shield of AWS.
5. ACCESS & ACCURACY.
To the extent that you do provide us with personal information, we wish to maintain accurate personal information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other personal information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to [email protected]. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
6. USE BY CHILDREN
We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal data from, and/or about children under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), do not provide any personal data to us without involvement of a parent or a guardian.
7. INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS
We enable you to interact with third party websites, mobile software applications and products or services that are not owned or controlled by us (each a “Third Party Service”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Services. Please be aware that Third Party Services can collect Personal Data from you. Accordingly, we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Service.
8. LOG FILES
We use log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We use such information to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movement around the Website, and gather demographic information.
9. ANALYTIC TOOLS
· Firebase Analytics. We also use “Google Analytics for Firebase”. By enabling this tool, we enable the collection of data about App Users, including via identifiers for mobile devices (including Android Advertising ID and Advertising Identifier for iOS), cookies and similar technologies. We use the information we get from Google Analytics for Firebase to maintain and improve our App(s). We do not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information unless we have robust notice of, and your prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger. Finally, please note that Google Analytics for Firebase’s terms (available at https://firebase.google.com/terms/) shall also apply.
· Google Signals. The Website uses a tool called “Google Signals” to collect information about use of the Website. When we activate Google Signals, some existing Google Analytics features are updated to also include aggregated data from Google users who have turned on “Ads Personalization” (Ads Personalization available at https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856/). Audiences that we create in Google Analytics and publish to Google Ads and other Google Marketing Platform advertising products can serve ads in cross device-eligible remarketing campaigns to Google users who have turned on Ads Personalization. Google Analytics collects additional information about users who have turned on Ads Personalization, base across device types and on aggregated data from users who have turned on Ads Personalization. The data is user based rather than session based. The Cross Device reports include only aggregated data. No data for individual users is ever exposed. You can modify your interests, choose whether your Personal Data is used to make ads more relevant to you, and turn on or off certain advertising services in the Ads Personalization link above.
· Linkedin Pixel We use LinkedIn pixels and Insight Tags, which are tools that allow us to send data to LinkedIn and its affiliates about actions that people take on our platform, in order to use LinkedIn’s tool to assess the performance and effectiveness of our campaigns and to optimize our campaigns. The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to our platform, including IP address, device and browser characteristics, and timestamp. LinkedIn’s ability to use and share your information is governed LinkedIn’s Ads Agreement, available here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/sas-terms. You can opt-out of having your data used by LinkedIn through this link: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out, or through these standard opt-out websites: www.networkadvertising.org/choices or www.aboutads.info/choices.
We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools.
10. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS APPLICABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY LAW
10.1. California Privacy Rights: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] Please note that we will respond to one request per customer each year, unless otherwise required by law.
10.2. Our California Do Not Track Notice: We may collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services. If you choose to operate your web browser “do not track” signals or any other mechanism that provides consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of such information, we will abide by your request and stop collecting such information. We may allow third parties such as such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
10.3. Deletion of Content from California Residents: If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or personal information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or personal information and you specify which content or personal information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you may not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or personal information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
10.4. Your privacy rights: Please see Section 5 above.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at [email protected]
· EU representative: We have appointed VeraSafe as our representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. If you are in the European Economic Area, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to contacting us as described above, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd.
Unit 3D North Point House
North Point Business Park
New Mallow Road